How do I make a request to access data in the Data Warehouse?
- Contact the member of the BI team by filling out the contact form
- Include where the data is coming from, if known (for example, Student data, Alumni, Facility information)
- View a step-by-step process and learn more here
How do I make a request to start using Tableau on my desktop?
- Contact the member of the BI team by using the contact form
- Request a purchase of a license through Rice Procurement
- When license is approved, a member of the BI team will walk you through the installation process
How can I request the creation or modification of a report?
What is Data CookBook?
- The Data Cookbook is a central repository of data definitions and a data governance tool. Learn more here
Where do I get information (i.e. source or calculations) about fields used in reports?
How do I upload data definitions used in my reports to Data Cookbook?
- If this is your first time at preparing definitions, please contact a member of the BI team to guide you through the process and to receive a definitions spreadsheet template
- Prepare the definitions based on the template provided
- Submit your definitions spreadsheet to Christy Witt (firstname.lastname@example.org) to start the review process
- The BI team will review your definitions and make recommendations for improvement
- If the definition are for departmental use, they will be uploaded. If the definitions are broad based across campus, then the definitions will be submitted to the executive committee for review
- For the departments who have a solid data governance program in place, we will work with you to create a workflow so that you can manage your own definition creation and approval process